Manasi Clinic – Best Infertility & Gynecology Clinic | Medical Aesthetics – Best Hair & Skin Clinic in BTM Bangalore
Chemical peels are cosmetic treatments that can be applied to the face, hands, neck and any other body part including the private area under supervision. They are used to improve the appearance or feel of the skin.
A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to remove layers of skin, revealing the more youthful skin underneath. Chemical peels can reduce or improve fine lines and wrinkles, acne, scars, uneven skin coloring and other skin imperfections. Different chemicals determine the depth of your peel and type of skin condition treated.
Some common types of peels:
Alpha hydroxy acid peels :
Glycolic Acid Peel and other alpha hydroxy acids generally soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture.
Lactic Acid Peel
lactic peels come from milk and utilize lactic acid. It’s not only gentle on easily irritated skin, but also moisturizes dry skin.It can be used in sensitive skin and areas and is also called a glow peel or party peel.
Beta hydroxyacid peels :
Salicylic acid peel -Acne can be embarrassing and annoying to deal with. If you have a bunch of problem acne breakouts, a beta peel will be able to help you. It contains salicylic acid which is great for exfoliation and oil control. Salicylic acid also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Polyhydroxy acid peels :
TCA peel-deep peel
Trichloroacetic acid is also an excellent “spot treatment” and can be used to exclusively peel isolated areas of the skin.
There are many benefits of superficial peels. Among the most notable is the ability to adjust the depth to fit the particular skin problem. As more coats are applied, the peel will get deeper, as the solution goes looking for protein to neutralize itself. The long-lasting results make it an ideal peel for those who prefer less peeling sessions at the cost of moderate downtime.
Retinol / Yellow Peel
Retinol is a form of vitamin A, which is used in skincare products as it encourages the growth of skin cells once it is applied. Due to its small molecular size, retinol is able to penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin. As this is where your live cells are, the retinol that reaches this level encourages your skin cells to grow and renew. A retinol peel can also help unclog your pores and reduce acne outbreaks by allowing the cleansed skin to heal. A retinol peel is ideal if you want to rejuvenate, hydrate and refresh your complexion. If you have more specific skin concerns including acne or aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles, then a retinol peel could be the perfect solution for you to reduce symptoms.
Mandelic acid is a go-to anti-aging ingredient in the world of skin care. It works to accelerate cell turnover by dissolving the tiny bonds that hold the cells of the skin together, helping to remove dead skin on the surface of the skin that can lead to dull complexions as well as lines. It also strengthens collagen, one of the building blocks of the skin’s support network that gives it a youthful firmness.
Arginine Peel or Dark Circle Peel: An argi peel is used to treat dark circles and lips, and contains arginine, lactic acid, allantoin, and aloe vera. Arginine is an amino acid derived from brown sugar, which boosts collagen, increases elasticity, and moisturizes the skin. It’s a mild peel and is also quick to create a nice glow, so it’s perfect for those who want instant results just before heading for a party.
Vitamin C Peel
Vitamin C is one of the best-known defenses against free radicals (such as pollution, sun rays, and cigarette smoke) that can cause your skin to lose elasticity and sag. As a result, your skin loses its ability to shed dead skin cells, causing a dull and uneven appearance. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant to neutralize these free radicals, by preventing them from oxidizing on your skin. This peel can also help anyone suffering from acne, as it deeply cleanses pores and provides an anti-bacterial action to prevent them from reappearing. The acid found in Vitamin C also works as a bleaching agent that can help restore imbalanced skin tone and help fade blemishes.
This is the new kid on the block. A vinegar-based (acetic acid) peel, a treatment with this involves a acne cleanup procedure, after which the peel is immediately applied to kill the acne-causing bacteria.
Inspired by nature and deeply enriched with enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients for cell renewal and deep moisturization. Pumpkin Peel is a luxurious treatment suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and in pregnancy. We use the kit made by the renowned Korean Company Theraderm. This is a 8 step process that is very good for dry, aging, pigmented, acne prone and sensitive skin and is followed by a skin repairing and tightening collagen and omega 3 mask for an instant glow with no downtime.
Eight items included in pumpkin peel full kit: Pumpkin Peel, Green Tea Neutralizer, Cellular Matrix C, Pumpkin Activator, Collagen Dry Skin Mask, Biopeptide Rejuvenation serum, Omega 3 Marine Mask, Lotus Toner plus Ectoin and Sun Screen. This treatment deeply nourishes, rejuvenates, exfoliates and moisturizes the skin and improves the tone and texture. This results in an incredibly smooth, clean and glowing skin.
1. Improves skin brightness and hydration
2. Refines the look of wrinkles
3. Enhances cell turnover leading to smoother, firmer skin
4. Decreases existing acne and aids in preventing new acne lesions
5. Evens skin tone and lightens the looks of pigmentation
6. Stimulates the skin and supports barrier function of the skin Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits through a pumpkin peel.
7. Smoother and tighter skin
8. No down time
What to expect during the treatment? The face is usually cleaned and then the chemical peel is applied, which typically remains on the skin for 3 to 10 minutes. Most patients feel a mild stinging or burning which is temporary and usually subsides after a few minutes. Some peels are designed to self neutralize and may remain on your skin for 6-8 hours.
Pre & Post Peel Instructions
1. One week before the peel avoid waxing, bleaching, scrubbing, electrolysis, depilatory creams and other parlour procedures.
2. 7 days before and after the peel discontinue using any prescription topicals such as Retin-A as well as any products containing retinol, alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA), beta hydroxyl acids (BHA) or benzoyl peroxide.
3. Patients who have had any medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures such as microdermabrasion, Laser treatments, botox, fillers or other cosmetic procedures should give a gap of atleast 2 weeks before doing a peel. Recovery times after the peel is based on the type and strength of the peel used. Immediately after the peel, your skin will feel tight and may be red. Any visible peeling after 24 hours will be light and flaky and easily controlled with moisturizer. Peeling usually lasts 3-5 days, depending on the actual peel treatment. Use of gentle cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen is important, as it will enhance the healing process and results. Normal activity may be resumed after the peel. Sun exposure should be avoided while skin is peeling; exposure of treated skin to a lot of heat should also be avoided as it may induce swelling, redness and for deeper peels blisters under the skin. Peeling skin should be allowed to slough off naturally; picking or peeling of flaking skin is prohibited, as it may lead to scarring. Surgical procedures should wait until skin sensitivity has completely resolved before receiving a peel.
What are the contraindications to chemical peels? Chemical peels should be avoided if any of the following conditions are present:
1. Active cold sores, infections, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
2. Wounded, sunburned or excessively sensitive skin
3. Oral retinoids History of recent chemotherapy or radiation therapy
4. Women who are pregnant or actively breastfeeding
5. Patients with Vitiligo
6. Patients with a history of autoimmune disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, multiple sclerosis etc) or any condition that may weaken their immune system.