Manasi Clinic – Best Infertility & Gynecology Clinic | Medical Aesthetics – Best Hair & Skin Clinic in BTM Bangalore
This is a procedure to remove tissue from inside your uterus to diagnose and treat certain uterine conditions, such as heavy bleeding, or to clear the uterine lining after a miscarriage or abortion.
In a dilation and curettage, we use small instruments or a medication to open (dilate) the lower, narrow part of your uterus (cervix) followed by a surgical instrument called a curette, which can be a sharp instrument or suction device, to remove uterine tissue. Dilation and curettage is used to diagnose or treat a uterine condition.
To diagnose a condition if
1. You have unusual uterine bleeding
2. You have bleeding after menopause
3. You have unusual endometrial cells, which are discovered during a routine test for cervical cancer
To perform the test, your provider collects a tissue sample from the lining of your uterus (endometrium) and sends the sample to a lab for testing. The test can check for:
1. Endometrial intraepithelial hyperplasia a precancerous condition in which the uterine lining becomes too thick
2. Uterine polyps
3. Uterine cancer
To treat a condition
1. Prevent infection or heavy bleeding by clearing tissues that remain in the uterus after a miscarriage or abortion
2. Remove a tumor that forms instead of a typical pregnancy (molar pregnancy)
3. Treat excessive bleeding after delivery by clearing out any placenta that remains in the uterus
4. Remove cervical or uterine polyps, which are usually noncancerous (benign)
A D & C might be combined with another procedure called hysteroscopy. During hysteroscopy, we insert a slim instrument with a light and camera on the end into your vagina, through your cervix and into your uterus to view the lining of your uterus on a screen, checking for areas that look unusual.During a hysteroscopy, uterine polyps and fibroid tumors can be removed.
Dilation and curettage (D & C)
For dilation and curettage, you’ll receive anesthesia. You should be able to resume your activities within a day or two. To prevent infection, don’t put anything in your vagina until your provider says it’s ok. Ask when you can use tampons and resume sexual activity.
Your uterus must build a new lining after a D&C, so your next period might be early or late. If you had a D&C because of a miscarriage, and you want to become pregnant, talk with your provider about when it’s safe to start trying again.
At Manasi Clinic we provide in depth counselling and procedure related details for Dilatation and Currettage. We have always been associated with the best Corporate Hospitals in Bangalore where we provide the services with utmost care and excellent patient safety profile. Ours is one of the leading Gynecology clinics in Bangalore to provide this treatment to our patients.